As we continue to sharpen our skills in our practice, we expanded our knowledge in a few areas which are directly related to our client work. The topics that attracted us this past month were DataStax 6 and Docker, The Internet’s Humble Beginnings, IT as an Opportunity Center, Human Achievement, Skeuomorphic Design. The following are 5 of the most interesting things we stumbled across during the month of June. (Last month: Leaves May 2018).
- A Collection of Links & Tour of DataStax Docker Images
- At Anant we are huge fans of both Docker and DataStax. We found this post particularly useful on how to quickly get started using DataStax Enterprise 6 via Docker on your local.
- 40 maps that explain the internet
- For some of us, it’s hard to remember what the internet use to actually look like in past times. This article in Vox does a great job of doing just that.
- IT as revenue generator: McKinsey Global Survey results
- Some still see Information Technology as a cost-center versus an opportunity to create a competitive advantage, this article debunks that misconception.
- Letters of Note: It’s the trip of a lifetime
- It’s nifty the things we can accomplish, right?
- Bringing Back Skeuomorphic Design
- Sometimes UI should be enjoyable and fun as opposed to overly minimalistic. 👩🏽🎨🎨
If you have any questions about how these links are relevant to your business, feel free to email us directly. If you want we can give a lunch talk at your firm in DC, NYC, or Chicago (dependent on team availability).