In Apache Cassandra Lunch #36: Specialized Databases on Cassandra, we cover various databases that can run on top of Cassandra. The live recording of Cassandra Lunch, which includes a more in-depth discussion and a demo, is embedded below in case you were not able to attend live. If you would like to attend Apache Cassandra Lunch live, it is hosted every Wednesday at 12 PM EST. Register here now!
In Apache Cassandra Lunch #36: Specialized Databases on Cassandra, we cover 18 different databases over 3 categories that use Apache Cassandra for storage. Additionally, most of these databases are open-source! If you want a more in-depth discussion of all these databases, be sure to check out the live recording of Cassandra Lunch that is embedded below! Don’t forget to like and subscribe as well!
- Monitoring / Metrics – Prometheus / Carbon
- cortexproject/cortex: A horizontally scalable, highly available, multi-tenant, long term Prometheus.
- filodb/FiloDB: Distributed Prometheus time-series database
- cybem/cyanite-iow: Cassandra backed Carbon daemon and metric web service. IPONWEB repository.
- Custom Time Series
- spotify/heroic: The Heroic Time Series Database
- kairosdb/kairosdb: Fast scalable time series database
- OpenNMS/newts: New-fangled Timeseries Data Store
- rackerlabs/blueflood: A distributed system designed to ingest and process time series data
- OpenTSDB – A Distributed, Scalable Monitoring System
- OpenTSDB/opentsdb: A scalable, distributed Time Series Database.
- Enterprise Distributed Graph Database | Datastax
- thinkaurelius/titan: Distributed Graph Database
- JanusGraph/janusgraph: JanusGraph: an open-source, distributed graph database
- hugegraph/hugegraph: HugeGraph Database core component, including graph engine, API, and built-in backends
- stargate/stargate: An open source data gateway
- apache/usergrid: Mirror of Apache Usergrid
- scalar-labs/scalardl: Tamper-evident and scalable distributed ledger platform
- scalar-labs/scalardb: A library that makes non-ACID distributed databases/storages ACID-compliant
- wikimedia/restbase: Distributed storage with REST API & dispatcher for backend services.
- wikimedia/restbase-mod-table-spec: Shared spec and tests for RESTBase table storage
If you missed last week’s Apache Cassandra Lunch #35: Data Operations with Spark and Cassandra, don’t forget to check it out as well! If you want to attend Cassandra Lunch live every Wednesday at 12 PM EST, then you can register here now! Additionally, the playlist with all the previously recorded Cassandra Lunches is available here.
Cassandra.Link is a knowledge base that we created for all things Apache Cassandra. Our goal with Cassandra.Link was to not only fill the gap of Planet Cassandra, but to bring the Cassandra community together. Feel free to reach out if you wish to collaborate with us on this project in any capacity.
We are a technology company that specializes in building business platforms. If you have any questions about the tools discussed in this post or about any of our services, feel free to send us an email!