Why did I choose this resource?
I chose these resources to obtain knowledge on creating an improved onboarding orientation training plan.
What did you learn from it?
I learned that adults are taught differently than children and require an explanation for the reason they are learning certain material. I also was made aware that the best teaching practices incorporate a variety of techniques.
- Explain why the training is necessary
- Accommodate all learning styles
- Tactile or kinesthetic
- Only train when the information you are teaching will be used soon if not immediately
- Train in groups with active participation
- Ask trainees questions
- Use many resources and tools
- Allow time for questions
- Offer constructive criticism
- Incorporate a little fun into the training sessions
How are you using what you learned?
I am using what I to create a more effective training program to minimize the amount of re-training being done.
Key Changes / Key Actions
- Create a “lesson plan” for training sessions.
- Incorporate hands on learning
- Ask the trainees more questions
- Encourage the trainees to ask more questions